SURF LESSON + DAY TRIP
Don’t just see the sights, surf them! Start the day with a surf lesson, then experience the South Peninsula
We are NOT a big bus tour. Think funky little car, knowledgeable Guide (who is also your surf coach!), surfboards on the roof, off we go. That’s us!!!
EVERY – Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Start your morning in the South Peninsula with an epic and refreshing surf lesson at Muizenberg Beach. This is the perfect start to any day because once you have exerted all that energy in the ocean, nothing can get in the way of your day 🙂
After you have braved the surf we head off to Kalk Bay to visit the Grumpy Seals at the Harbour:) Watch as they fight each other over the fish heads!
Then it’s off further South down the Peninsula to the Penguins at Boulders Beach. This is by far the best place to see the cheeky Penguins in Cape Town. You can even swim here and if you are lucky you can swim with a Penguin! But if not a swim then surely some close up pics of our little friends in Tuxedos.
By now we are hungry! So once we enter the Cape Point Nature Reserve we go straight to one of our favourite spots to eat our packed lunch. Just beware of the Baboons who try to steal our food!! Then we continue to to the Cape Of Good Hope plus some other lesser known spots in the reserve.
From the Cape of Good Hope we head back up the South Peninsula on the ‘Atlantic Side’. We get to drive past the stunning beauty of Misty Cliffs and Witsands, just before we enter the iconic surf village, Kommetjie. If there are big waves around we will stop at the Long Beach balcony to soak up the view and watch the surfers.
Now it’s time to take the world famous road along Chapman’s Peak Drive. This incredible road offers amazing views and we will stop at the very top of the road at Chapman’s Peak. Here we can enjoy a nice cold beer, Savana or soft drink while we appreciate the mighty scenes before our eyes.
This concludes the day trip and you have the option of being dropped off in Noordhoek at the big Checkers supermarket, or outside the Surf Camp in Capri Village 🙂
**If you are concerned about your physical capabilities with relation to the surf lesson, stress less. Everyone learns at a different pace and each individual can push themselves as little or as much as they want. Your highly experienced surf coach will ensure you are safe and will give you the opportunity to experience the surf with as much energy as you want to put into it 🙂
Surf lesson + South Peninsula Trip
R1950 per person
Every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- 1 x surf lesson at Muizenberg Beach
- A quick visit to the Grumpy Seals in Kalk Bay
- See (and perhaps swim with!) the Penguins on Boulders beach in Simon’s Town (Entrance costs R152 per person. NOT included in package price)
- Packed lunch – eat our delicious packed lunch Panini Sandwich with the Penguins at Boulders Beach (inclusive in the package price)
- Tour inside Cape Point (Entrance costs R376 per person. NOT included in the package price)
- Misty Cliffs – Drive through Scarborough and around the famous Misty Cliffs
- Long Beach – Quick visit at Long Beach balcony to soak up the views and watch the surfers
- Chapmans Peak Drive – Explore the World Famously beautiful Chapman’s Peak Drive
- A Beer, Savana or Soft Drink on top of Chapman’s Peak Drive to help soak up the amazing views 🙂 (inclusive in package price)
- Drop off at Checkers Supermarket in Noordhoek or at the Surf Camp in Capri Village
What to bring
Something warm in case it is windy
Money or credit card for entrance fees, coffee, ice cream etc
How to Book Your Spot
Just fill in the contact form at the bottom of the page and let us know when you would like to join the day trip, and how many people. Steffi will then reply with availability. If you are happy we will send you a payment link to book your spot 🙂
Please feel free to contact us with any questions that come to mind 🙂
How it all works 🙂
- Contact us for availability (we run our day trips on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays)
- Complete the payment link to book your spot
- Get ready for an epic day 🙂
- 8:30am – meet at Cape Point Surf Yoga Camp in Capri. Your surf instructor (who is also the guide for the day!) will give you your wetsuit and surfboard for the surf lesson which is about 1,5 hours long. We will get changed at the vehicle in Muizenberg and will lock all of our valuables in the car. We do not take anything on to the beach while we surf. The surf lesson is a great introduction to surfing and an awesome way to start the day! Perfect for those who have never surfed before. If you have done a few surfs before then our instructor will do his best to help you improve on points in your surfing such as speed control and turning.
- 11:15am – after we have changed back into our normal clothes we take a trip to Kalk Bay to take a quick look at the Grumpy seals in the harbour!
- 12:00pm – Boulders Beach in Simonstown is our next stop. Here you can go down onto the beach and get a close up look at the coolest penguins in Cape Town. (Entrance costs R152 per person and is NOT inclusive in the package price). You can even swim around the penguins if you feel like getting back in the water again 🙂
- 12:45pm – Next we go to the Cape Point Nature Reserve. (It costs R376 per person to enter and is NOT inclusive in your package price) We will stop inside the reserve at one of our favourite spots for lunch. Then we continue to the tip of the Cape of Good Hope and see some other cool stops inside the reserve.
- 15:30pm – Now we start our journey back up the South Peninsula. We will drive past the Majesty of Misty Cliffs and Witsands on our way through the iconic surf town of Kommetjie. If the ocean is wild then we can stop at the Long Beach balcony and check out the surfers 🙂
- 16:00pm – we head off to Chapman’s Peak Drive. Not only the most beautiful drive in Cape Town, but also in South Africa! There are a few cool lookout points along the drive that we love to stop at. Our last stop along Chapman’s Peak Drive is right at the top lookout point where we can enjoy the view with a beer, Savana or soft drink (inclusive in the package price)
- 17:00pm – This brings us to the end of the day trip. We turn around over Chapman’s Peak and can drop you off either in Noordhoek, at the Checkers Supermarket in Noordhoek or at the Surf Camp in Capri 🙂